Acute Kidney Injury complicates as many as
36%of cardiac operations worldwide
- Doubling total hospital costs
- AKI predicts increased long-term mortality
- Clinicians have limited tools to identify patients at risk of AKI
- Identification of high-risk patients preoperatively could affect clinical decision making
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Mitchell Rosner, John Kellum, and Claudio Ronco et al., Preoperative renal functional reserve predicts risk of Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) after cardiac operation, 2018
MediBeacon’s Transdermal Glomerular Filtration Rate Measurement System (TGFR) has the potential to provide important information to cardiologists to address this challenge.